Thursday, June 5, 2008

Doin' the Happy Dance!

I made it through to the next round-unbelievable! As a twist, the contestants voted on the entries. There were some amazing works of art, let me tell ya. You can check them out by clicking here. I am having SO much fun! And I am getting some great layouts done. Scrapbooking is just good for the soul, ya know?

For this challenge, we could only use rubbish. And I took it quite literally, not using any pens, inks, or sewing. Unfortunately not everyone else did, so my layout looks a bit juvenille compared to the other submissions. But I really like it and I have been wanting to do this particular layout for some time now.

We were also advised to not use recognizable photos of ourselves or our families. The only scrapbooking supplies we could use was one piece of cardstock and our photos.

For the metal flower, I cut open a Pepsi can and used a stencil to trace our the shape. Then I scored the shape with an exacto knife and broke the aluminum. After that, I just punched holes with a paper piecer. The letters I cut from cardboard and then pulled it apart to reveal the corrugated part. The ring and tabs are scraps from the Pepsi can and the other letter and words I cut from a newspaper. And of course the tags are from our many LIG clothing items. I never could throw them away-they are really nice coaster type material. I will probably continue to save them since I can always paint them, stamp them, cut them up, etc.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Congrats Charissa! Love how you made that flower!