Friday, December 19, 2008

School's OUT!

After a really busy semester, I get a one month break for the Winter Holidays. Yay!!! I had a great time in both my classes and I'm really looking forward to the Spring Semester. Also, I expect to get an A+ in both Art Design and Critical Thinking. Sure wish I had put this much effort in last time I was in college...

Here is my Art final. We had to create a piece of art using a nursery rhyme that was assigned by our teacher. I had so much fun with this. I drew out the house and garage and then painted it with acrylic paint. I painted printer paper to make my own gray paper-it has a nice texture to it. I colored in the black and white images using chalk and Stickles. Then I used Crystal Effects on the balloons and the bicycle to make them glossy and stand out. I coated the entire piece in Mod Podge to preserve it. I'm so happy with how this turned out that I plan to frame it and hang it in Miriam's room. Too fun! This class opened up so many new techniques for me, I can't wait to take the Design 2 class.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Congrats on the A! Merry Xmas Babe!